I recently turned 65 years old. Many people are upset about reaching a milestone like that because it makes them feel old.
Not me. I feel good that I actually made it this far. Believe me, they were a few times I didn’t think I would. But I did.
I’ve discovered that there are a few good things to being 65. The most important one to me is healthcare. Before I turned 65 my health insurance was through Obamacare. My premium was costing well over $700 a month for a very poor policy. The first $6,500 of medical expenses came right out of my pocket. But now that I’m on Medicare, my premium, including a supplemental policy is costing $135 a month.
And I found another nice thing about thing 65 the other day. I went to the county fair, and when I reached into my wallet I had to do was show my driver’s license to prove I’m now 65. Previous years I had to reach into my wallet and shell out about 15 bucks.
Also many restaurants offer senior citizens discounts. All you got to do is ask.
So being 65 – I don’t see this as being a bad thing. I’m still alive, I can still get around with no problem and I don’t have too many senior moments. So this is a good thing for me
- …..SEARCH HOMES in ACTIVE ADULT COMMUNITIES…..
- Holiday City Berkeley Homes For Sale
- Holiday City Carefree Homes For Sale
- Holiday City Heights Homes For Sale
- Holiday City South Homes For Sale
- Holiday City West Homes For Sale
- Silver Ridge North Homes For Sale
- Silver Ridge Park East Homes For Sale
- Silveridge Park West Homes For Sale
- Silveridge Westerly Homes For Sale
- Sonata Bay – Berkeley Township
- FORKED RIVER / LACEY
- LITTLE EGG HARBOR
- Renassiance – Manchester NJ
- River Pointe – Manchester NJ
- Leisure Village West
- Leisure Knoll – Manchester NJ
- Leisure Ridge Manchester
- Venue at Woodlands Manchester NJ
- Reserve of Lake Ridge /Lennar at Lake Ridge
- Meadows at Lake Ridge – Manchester NJ
- Whiting Station – Manchester NJ
- Country Walk Lake Ridge
- Crestwood Villages 1-7
- TOMS RIVER
- Contact Us
- Advanced Search
- Auto EMAIL Updates