Every 20 seconds a burglary occurs somewhere in the United States. But you can protect yourself without having to install an expensive security system.
These criminals are looking for an easy target they can rob fast. Here are a few tips that you can use to defend your home.
Burglars like to break into homes during daytime hours. Not at night, which is what most think.
Thanks to social media it’s often very easy for these criminals to know when you are on vacation. But once they see from social media that you’re out of town, how do they find you? They can use GPS data embedded in the photos that you post.
If you have a security system, burglars do not like those. Homes without security system almost 300% more likely to be broken into. Maybe put in an alarm system, and one with a strong pass code. Don’t use your house number, birthday, anniversary, or anything else. Go totally random. Clean your keypad regularly, so a burglar won’t guess your code by looking at the dirty keys.
Make sure windows and doors are locked. That seems like a no brainer, but you would be surprised at how often windows and doors are unlocked.
Thieves also don’t like homes that look like someone is there. Motion sensors and lights that are on automatic timers can do the trick. I know one person that keeps a big dog bone, a food bowel and a water bowl by the back door. And they don’t even have a dog.
Cars parked in the driveway also make them nervous.
Don’t display the fact that you are a gun owner. NRA bumper stickers or Smith & Wesson signs are a great advertisement.
Trim your bushes make it hard for them to hide from Neighbors while they are breaking in.
This author hasn't written their bio yet.
Art1 has contributed 290 entries to our website, so far.View entries by Art1
You also might be interested in
- …..SEARCH HOMES in ACTIVE ADULT COMMUNITIES…..
- Holiday City Berkeley Homes For Sale
- Holiday City Carefree Homes For Sale
- Holiday City Heights Homes For Sale
- Holiday City South Homes For Sale
- Holiday City West Homes For Sale
- Silver Ridge North Homes For Sale
- Silver Ridge Park East Homes For Sale
- Silveridge Park West Homes For Sale
- Silveridge Westerly Homes For Sale
- Sonata Bay – Berkeley Township
- FORKED RIVER / LACEY
- LITTLE EGG HARBOR
- Renassiance – Manchester NJ
- River Pointe – Manchester NJ
- Leisure Village West
- Leisure Knoll – Manchester NJ
- Leisure Ridge Manchester
- Venue at Woodlands Manchester NJ
- Reserve of Lake Ridge /Lennar at Lake Ridge
- Meadows at Lake Ridge – Manchester NJ
- Whiting Station – Manchester NJ
- Country Walk Manchester
- Crestwood Villages Manchester1-7
- TOMS RIVER
- Contact Us
- Advanced Search
- Auto EMAIL Updates
Click on the communities below to see the available homes